Options for Registration
Register for the entire trip, five days, four days, or the first weekend!
There is no better deal around. Leave the shuttle and logistics to enjoy and enjoy the rivers beauty from the water. The full trip runs from Saturday June 15-Sunday June 23, 2013. There are several options to choose from based on what works for you:
- $575 for all 9 days, $600 after June 9. Full
- $375 for 5 days (Saturday- Wednesday) Full
- $325 for 4 days (Thursday- Sunday) Full
- $175 for 2 days, Sat June 15-Sun June 16. Full
Click here to fill in the online registration form: Online Form
Click here to request a registration form be mailed to you.
Call 828-258-8737 ext. 211 to have forms mailed or faxed to you
Western North Carolina Alliance members will receive a $25 discount for the week. Waterkeeper Alliance members will receive a $15 discount for the week. To become a member of WNCA, visit www.wnca.org.
- If requested, registration fees will be refunded to all paddlers who generate more than their registration fee in paddle-a-thon pledges for the week. Great prizes valued at over $2,500 will be awarded to participants who raise the most paddle-a-thon donations.
- Last years prizes included two Watershed Dry Bags, rafting trips, and much more.
- This year’s prizes will be equally as awesome!
- Click here to read more about how you can participate in the paddle-a-thon to “Save the French Broad River.”
Food and drink:
- All meals will be provided for the entire trip, except for dinner out on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday nights.
- Free Sweetwater Beer will be provided for registered participants after each day of paddling.
- Participants are welcome to bring other food and drink options that can be transported by van to each camping location.
- Expect hearty fare for dinner each night with vegetarian options. Sack lunches include sandwiches (make your own each day) chips, fruit, and desert. Breakfast will be a mix of hearty and light choices, such as bagels, oatmeal, panckakes, eggs, or yogurt and granola.
There will be no refunds after May 29.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT IS June 9.
Once You Have Registered
- You will receive via e-mail (unless regular mail is requested) a liability waiver form, information about shuttle services, equipment information, paddle-a-thon forms, and other essential information.
- Start raising money for paddle-a-thon. Get started by visiting First Giving (http://www.firstgiving.com/wncalliance). Donate to a friend or create your own fundraising goal to win prizes and free trip down the river
Save the French Broad Policies: For your safety and the safety of others. 1. Participants must adhere to the safety guidelines presented. 2. Participants must wear a properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device at all times on the river. 3. Participants under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian. 4. All participants must sign a Medical and Emergency Contact Information sheet and a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18. (These forms will be sent in the info. packet.) 5. Person-powered watercraft only. 6. All participants must respect private property along the river. 7. Beginners are welcome, but all participants must be capable of self-rescue in the water. Refund Policy : No refunds after May 21, 2013.